We are entering the darkest days of the year. Yes, winter season is inviting us into darkness and stillness. However, many of us feel depleted, stressed out and under pressure in this time.
So, from my caring heart, I am coming to you with a holistic self-care toolbox for the upcoming holiday season. Let’s make this holiday season a truly enjoyable and nourishing time.
By following these tips, you can help to nourish and balance your body and mind and cultivate a sense of inner peace and clarity, and bring your visions to life. AND YES! As changemaker and leader, you need to proritize yourself this Christmas.
Your holistic Winter Self-care Toolbox
inspired by quantum medicine aka Ayurveda & my own juicy experience
- Keep the channels open. Be sure to drink plenty of warm, nourishing fluids like herbal teas, soups, and broths to keep your body’s energetic channels from shutting down. I cannot stress enough how important it is to sip a warm liquid in winter months.
- Eat warm, nourishing foods: Choose foods that are grounding and nourishing, such as cooked grains, root vegetables, and warming spices like ginger, turmeric, and cinnamon. These foods can help to balance your body’s natural energy and support your immune system. Check the amazing Best Ever Tortilla Soup Recipe I share with you below.
- Get enough sleep: Winter is a time for rest and rejuvenation, so make sure to get enough sleep to support your overall health and well-being (especially when you have the tendency to over-do, over-schedule and get overwhelmed by the overall pressure!)
If you want to align with Mother Nature, her seasons and super-powers, I invite you to practice the following:
- Reflect on your values and goals: Winter is a natural time for introspection, so use this opportunity to reflect on your values and goals by the end of 2022. What do you want to create in your life? What is most important to you?
- Engage in creative practices: Engaging in creative practices like writing, painting, or journaling can be a great way to tap into your inner wisdom and bring your visions to life.
- Connect with nature: Spending time in nature can help to ground you and connect you with a sense of peace and inspiration. Take time to go for a walk in the woods, sit by a fireplace, or simply spend time in your own backyard.